All about Literacy Studies program in University Putra Malaysia (UPM), like Intake date, Tuition fees, Scholarship, Faculty, Campus and etc.
You can rate to this course at the bottom of page
There is tuition fee in details on the page.
Literacy studies examines the nature of literacy as skill-based, social and reflexive practice in various contexts, and types of literacy including functional literacy, workplace literacy, cultural literacy, critical literacy and media literacy. Research in this field investigates the use and impact of spoken and written texts, the processes and skills involved in literacy events, and the related cultural, linguistics and social processes.
Applicants should have a Master’s degree with a CGPA of 3.20 (thesis based) or 3.50 (coursework based) or equivalent in related fields (based on the proposal presented during the application process)
Applicants who do not meet the CGPA requirement at the Master’s level but who possesses a CGPA of no less than 3.0 (thesis-based Master’s programme) or 3.20 (coursework-based Master’s programme) in relevant fields, can be considered for entry into the PhD programme based on work experience of at least 3 years or related academic publications.
English Language Requirement
- International applicants for the five fields of study must obtain a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 80 (internet based) or IELTS Band 6.
• Business executive. • Human relations manager. • Public relations manager. • Marketing executive. • Teaching. • Media planner. • Web content manager. • Lecturer • Researcher
|Totally (USD)||Yearly (USD)|
|$ 9975||$ 1995|
Duration: 4-5 Years Intakes: February, September
Fellowships, scholarships, assistantships are usually available for postgraduate students wishing to study in Malaysia, depending either on availability within the institution and your academic qualifications. Additionally, a number of scholarships are available from other institutions and organisations, such as the Malaysian government.
- SCHOLARSHIP/FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE UPM
- GRA (Graduate Research Assistantship)
- GRF (Graduate Research Fellowship)
- Financial Aid for Local Graduate Students to Undertake Overseas Research Attachment
- Financial Aid to Attend International Seminar/Conference/Symposium
- IGRF (International Graduate Research Fellowship)
- IGSS (International Graduate Student Scholarship)
- SGRA (Special Graduate Research Allowance)
- PASS (Putra Alumni Scholarship Scheme)
Jalan UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia