All about Safety, Health & Emergency Management program in University Putra Malaysia (UPM), like Intake date, Tuition fees, Scholarship, Faculty, Campus and etc.
You can rate to this course at the bottom of page
There is tuition fee in details on the page.
This graduate program is designed to meet the critical need for professionals with
advanced levelof knowledge and abilities in the safety, health and emergency management at the community as well as in organizational settings. The interdisciplinary program offers a wide range of expertise in areas such as environmental risks and management, natural hazards, business continuity, public health, public safety and security, disaster risk reduction, crisis management, humanitarian aid and complex emergencies.
The graduate research focuses on discovering strategies to help save lives and property, reduce damage, and
recoveryfrom natural and human-induced disasters and emergencies. Studentwill be prepared to equip with knowledge and abilities in emergency management, public and workplace safety and health in a dynamic and challenging learning environment and circumstances.
International students / Entry Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with CGPA 3.75; or
- Master Degree in Engineering (with thesis); or
- Master Degree in Engineering (with thesis and coursework) with CGPA 3.00; or
- Master Degree in Engineering without thesis (coursework) with CGPA 3.25; or
- Master Degree in Engineering without thesis (coursework) with CGPA 3.00 and at least three (3) years working experience in relevant eld
- Master Degree in Sciences (with thesis and coursework) with CGPA 3.50; or
- Master Degree in Sciences without thesis (coursework) with CGPA 3.50; or
- Master Degree in Sciences without thesis (coursework) with CGPA 3.25 and at least three (3) years working experience in relevant eld; or
- Master Degree in Sciences without thesis (coursework) with CGPA 3.00 and at least ve (5) years working experience in relevant eld.
Master with Thesis Program
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with CGPA 3.00; or
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with CGPA 2.75 and at least three (3) years working experience in relevant eld; or
- Bachelor Degree in Science with CGPA 3.25; or Bachelor Degree in Science with CGPA 3.00 and at least three (3) years working experience in relevant eld.
• A Malaysian candidate must have obtained at least a credit in English at Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia level or have passed English courses conducted at the diploma or Bachelor’s level.
• All international candidates from countries where English is not a medium of instruction must have obtained a minimum score of 550
forTOEFL Paper-based Test (Academic Version); or Band 6.0 for IELTS (Academic Training) ;or 79-80 for TOEFL Internet-based Test (Academic Version).
• A candidate without requisite minimum score for TOEFL or IELTS may be granted a provisional admission. Such candidate will be required to pass an English Placement Test conducted by the University.
• A candidate who has failed the Englis Placement Test will be required in the rst semester to pass a prescribed English Course. Should the candidate fail to obtain the prescribed minimum grade, the University may allow him to repeat the prescribed English course in the second semester.
• A candidate who fails after the second attempt will have his candidature suspended until he passes the English course before allowed to continue with his Master’s program.
The curriculum includes topics such as Safety Law and Compliance, Construction Safety and Law, Fire Prevention, Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, Safety Management and Concepts in Accident Prevention. The foundations include hazardous waste, ergonomics,
• Construction and Building Inspectors. ... • Environmental Science and Protection Technicians. ... • Environmental Scientists and Specialists. ... • Fire Inspectors. ... • Health and Safety Engineers. • Rescue officer • Emergency officer
|Totally (USD)||Yearly (USD)|
|$ 13050||$ 2650|
Duration: Full Time 4-5 years Intake: February, September
Fellowships, scholarships, assistantships are usually available for postgraduate students wishing to study in Malaysia, depending either on availability within the institution and your academic qualifications. Additionally, a number of scholarships are available from other institutions and
organisations, such as the Malaysian government.
- SCHOLARSHIP/FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE UPM
- GRA (Graduate Research Assistantship)
- GRF (Graduate Research Fellowship)
- Financial Aid for Local Graduate Students to Undertake Overseas Research Attachment
- Financial Aid to Attend International Seminar/Conference/Symposium
- IGRF (International Graduate Research Fellowship)
- IGSS (International Graduate Student Scholarship)
- SGRA (Special Graduate Research Allowance)
- PASS (Putra Alumni Scholarship Scheme)
Jalan UPM, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia