All about Ship Design program in University of Kuala Lumpur (UniKL), like Intake date, Tuition fees, Scholarship, Faculty, Campus and etc.
You can rate to this course at the bottom of page
There is tuition fee in details on the page.
Rapid development of today’s marine industry has started since a few decades ago. The huge scope of this industry includes various types of vessels, offshore platform design, construction, operation and maintenance until the production of spare parts and shipping equipment’s. There is more than 22,000 professional and semi-professional bodies work in our local marine industry and other related bodies. It is expected that there will be an increment in the human resource’s needs in between 8% to 10% every year.
By looking at the statistics and the needs of human resources in the industry, UniKL MIMET aspire to offer courses that based on Marine Engineering Technology to produce more semi-professional bodies that are able to contribute to the development and achievement of the industry and to the country generally.
This programme is expected to be offered to at least the SPM holder with the opportunities to be trained to become semi-professional in marine industry, to establish their own self and the industry, hence to the economic growth as a whole. Apart from engineering technology subjects, the programme also offer skills in Technopreneur, design innovation and project. This is to ensure that they are good technical workers with high skills, creative, innovative and be able to manage, operate and maintain any systems related to marine industries.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are:
- PEO 1
knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry;
- PEO 2
effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry;
- PEO 3
committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement;
- PEO 4
practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility; and
- PEO 5
capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Pass in SPM with at least obtain credits (C) in five (5) subjects:
1. Bahasa Melayu
4. And two (2) other subjects
Academic Requirement for admission in UNIKL University Malaysia
Diploma & Bachelor Programs
- Candidates in High school, secondary or A-level must hold min. CGPA of 2 out of 4 or must be passed.
- For studying engineering pass marks in Math, Chemistry and physics in high school.
- Bachelor's degree with min. CGPA of 2.75 out of 4 or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Any Bachelor's degree with CGPA of 2 to 2.5 out of 4 in a relevant field can be accepted subject to a minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field.
- A Master's degree with min. CGPA of 2.75 out of 4 or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Any Master's degree with minimum CGPA of 2 to 2.5 out of 4 in a relevant field can be accepted subject to a minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field.
English language requirement for admission in UniKL University Malaysia: It is mandatory for every international student to take English tests like TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language or IELTS (International English language Testing System) with the minimum required score for respective programs.
Types of Program
Minimum TOEFL Score
Minimum IELTS Score
Diploma & Bachelor Programs
- Internet Based Test: 70
- Paper Based: 500
- Computer Based: 195
Master & PhD Programs
- Internet Based Test: 90
- Paper Based: 575
- Computer Based: 230
Also, if by any chance you don't have the above qualifications in English, You can take the UniKL English placement test in Malaysia. You have to get passed in the test for getting admission to the English programs but in case you can't make it the you will be required to study a compulsory English course at UniKL.
• PLO 1 Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices. • PLO 2 Analyze well-defined engineering problems. • PLO 3 Formulate solutions for well-defi
Graduates of UniKL MIMET’s ship design programmed will have the opportunity to expand their career in various fields such as; • Metal Works & Fabrication • Naval Architecture • Technical Design/Draught Person • Shipwright • Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems • CAD & CAM Programming • CASD Programming • CNC Machining
|Totally (USD)||Yearly (USD)|
|$ 3900||$ 1300|
Duration: Full Time (3 year) Intakes: January, July
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia