The Third Industrial Master Plan, 2006 – 2020 puts more emphasis on developing effective operation changers and manufacturing including Research and Development (R&D). A documented quality system based on international standards has become an essential requirement for competitiveness in both manufacturing and service companies worldwide. This course will help students learn to plan, design, conduct and analyze experiments efficiently and effectively. It will expose the students to applications of total quality concepts and tools to improve quality, reliability, design as well as to implement, and maintain an effective quality management system in a manufacturing or service organization.
The student will learn fundamental test strategies designed to identify controllable factors and their effects on quality measures as well as the foundations of robust design and its application to design, manufacturing and customer service. Emphasis will be put on documentation development, team-based improvement strategies, and international quality standards. The knowledge and skills covered in this programme serve to pave the way for students to become valued engineers in industry and business.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The objective of this programme is to:
Obtain work in local and global market in the right field with the appropriate knowledge in quality system such as control and planning of product design and also manufacturing.
Ensure that graduates are trained to have the right balance of professional skills and performance in their chosen fields
Ensure that graduates are given to opportunity to be trained to deal with problems by using the right knowledge and technical skills.
Enable graduates to continue their studies at a higher level in engineering and management.
Pass in SPM with at least obtain credits (C) in five (5) subjects:
- Bahasa Melayu
- And two (2) other subjects
Academic Requirement for admission in UNIKL University Malaysia
Diploma & Bachelor Programs
- Candidates in High school, secondary or A-level must hold min. CGPA of 2 out of 4 or must be passed.
- For studying engineering pass marks in Math, Chemistry and physics in high school.
- Bachelor's degree with min. CGPA of 2.75 out of 4 or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Any Bachelor's degree with CGPA of 2 to 2.5 out of 4 in a relevant field can be accepted subject to a minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field.
- A Master's degree with min. CGPA of 2.75 out of 4 or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Any Master's degree with minimum CGPA of 2 to 2.5 out of 4 in a relevant field can be accepted subject to a minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field.
English language requirement for admission in UniKL University Malaysia: It is mandatory for every international student to take English tests like TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language or IELTS (International English language Testing System) with the minimum required score for respective programs.
Types of Program
Minimum TOEFL Score
Minimum IELTS Score
Diploma & Bachelor Programs
- Internet Based Test: 70
- Paper Based: 500
- Computer Based: 195
Master & PhD Programs
- Internet Based Test: 90
- Paper Based: 575
- Computer Based: 230
Also, if by any chance you don't have the above qualifications in English, You can take the UniKL English placement test in Malaysia. You have to get passed in the test for getting admission to the English programs but in case you can't make it the you will be required to study a compulsory English course at UniKL.
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia