This course introduces the student to nursing as a professional discipline. It provides the student with knowledge and skills for an exciting career in a variety of nursing roles in various health care institutions. Students spend 3 years’ full time studying with practical experience in various disciplines at several government hospitals and health clinics in Perak. During this period, they will be equipped with relevant exposure and experience for an exciting career in a variety of nursing roles and health care settings. Students in this programme are taught at UniKL RCMP in Ipoh. Besides that they are also exposed to the clinical teaching and attachments in the Ipoh Hospital and in Teluk Intan Hospital. In addition, they are also attached to many clinics and health centres in the District of Hilir Perak.
UniKL RCMP students are also encourage to be involved in organised field work e.g. at the Orang Asli Settlement. With these structures and organised approaches in the teaching of the nursing students, they will be more prepared to offer health care services to the community. Upon successful completion of the programme, a Diploma will be awarded by the University which is recognized by the Nursing Board of Malaysia. This course of study has attained the official recognition and the academic qualification being conferred is in compliance with the standard and quality set by MQA.
Pass in SPM with at least obtain credits (C) in five (5) subjects:
- Bahasa Melayu
- And two (2) other subjects
Academic Requirement for admission in UNIKL University Malaysia
Diploma & Bachelor Programs
- Candidates in High school, secondary or A-level must hold min. CGPA of 2 out of 4 or must be passed.
- For studying engineering pass marks in Math, Chemistry and physics in high school.
- Bachelor's degree with min. CGPA of 2.75 out of 4 or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Any Bachelor's degree with CGPA of 2 to 2.5 out of 4 in a relevant field can be accepted subject to a minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field.
- A Master's degree with min. CGPA of 2.75 out of 4 or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Any Master's degree with minimum CGPA of 2 to 2.5 out of 4 in a relevant field can be accepted subject to a minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field.
English language requirement for admission in UniKL University Malaysia: It is mandatory for every international student to take English tests like TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language or IELTS (International English language Testing System) with the minimum required score for respective programs.
Types of Program
Minimum TOEFL Score
Minimum IELTS Score
Diploma & Bachelor Programs
- Internet Based Test: 70
- Paper Based: 500
- Computer Based: 195
Master & PhD Programs
- Internet Based Test: 90
- Paper Based: 575
- Computer Based: 230
Also, if by any chance you don't have the above qualifications in English, You can take the UniKL English placement test in Malaysia. You have to get passed in the test for getting admission to the English programs but in case you can't make it the you will be required to study a compulsory English course at UniKL.
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia