UCSI University Malaysia
Institute of Music
What will you learn?
UCSI University’s Foundation in Music is specifically tailored and designed to prepare post-SPM students for UCSI University’s degrees in Classical and Contemporary Music. The three semester’s foundation programme includes music core courses as well as general electives for students to choose from. Successful completion of the foundation programme will satisfy all entry requirements and allow for direct entry to the music degree programme outlined here.
- Pass with a minimum of 5 credits
- At least C grade in 5 subjects
- At least B grade in 3 subjects
- A score of 500 in Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 5.0 in International Language Testing System (IELTS) or MUET Band 3 or its equivalent
- Candidates from countries that use English as first language are given exemption from requirement (a); or
- Candidates who uses their academic requirement from institutions that uses English as the language of instruction are exempted from requirement (a) or
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level
|$ 5915 ||$ 5915
Duration: 1 year
Intakes: January, May, September
Core areas of emphasis:
• Choir 1-2 OR Orchestra 1-2
• Music Theory Rudiments 1-2
• Musicianship Skills 1-2
• Aural Foundation 1-2
• Experiencing Music
• Introduction to Music Professions
• Major Instrument 1-3
• Minor Instrument 1-3
• Writing for Acade
• Music Producer. Songwriter. A&R Coordinator. Music Therapist. Session Musician.
• DJ. Record Producer. Background Singer. Radio DJ. Conductor.
• Rock Star. Recording Engineer. Music Teacher. Music Director. Booking Agent.
• Singer (Vocalist) Production Music. Composer. Program Director.
Scholarships for Post-graduate studies:
UCSI University offers scholarships to deserving international students at UCSI University.
As the scholarships are limited and often based on merit, they are very competitive. All shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview before the confirmation of the scholarship award.
Interested applicants can find out details of the scholarship criteria by downloading the international scholarship form.
Campus (Kuala Lumpur Campus)
No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras, 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia