The Bachelor of Music (Hons.) program is intended for those who wish to pursue classical music studies to an advanced level and has the advantage of a very broad based curriculum without compromising the possibility of increasing the specialisation in one or more areas. Performance and performance-related studies are especially prominent but other areas such as history, analysis and stylistic composition are also included.
This blend of practical work and academic enquiry will produce graduates equipped with a raft of skills and knowledge that will be of value to many employers and enable them to pursue careers not only as performers and teachers, but also as administrators and managers within the wider music industry and beyond.
Vary from course to course including:
- Written exams.
- Practical performance.
- Recital / master class attendance.
- Project-based coursework.
International students / Entry Requirements
At least 2 principal passes with minimum CGPA of 2.0
2 principal passes
At least B grade in 5 subjects
UCSI Foundation Year / Foundation programs from other higher learning institutions / National Matriculation/ Pre-U2 Singapore/ Diploma (Level 4 KKM)
Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.0
High/Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12) / Canadian Grade 12 – title following various districts in Canada / Canadian Pre-University (CPU) / Canadian International Matriculation (CIMP)/ SAM / AUSMAT / SACE / TEE / HSC (NSW) / NTCE / WACE
Pass with a minimum of 60%
- A score of 500 in Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 5.0 in International Language Testing System (IELTS) or MUET Band 3 or its equivalent
- Candidates from countries that use English as first language are given exemption from requirement (a); or
- Candidates who uses their academic requirement from institutions that uses English as the language of instruction are exempted from requirement (a) or
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level
No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras, 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia