All about Audiology program in University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), like Intake date, Tuition fees, Scholarship, Faculty, Campus and etc.
You can rate to this course at the bottom of page
There is tuition fee in details on the page.
Audiology is the study of normal and disordered hearing and balances as both scientific discipline and clinical profession. In the clinical profession, this is performed by conducting series of test in order to diagnose any hearing or balance disorders.
In addition to diagnosing, it also involves preparing and performing individualised rehabilitation programmes to individuals with hearing and/or balance disorders. Sub-specialisation in Audiology include: Clinical Audiology, Educational Audiology, Paediatric Audiology, Dispensing Audiology, and Industrial/Military Audiology.
Minimum CGPA Requirements into Undergraduate Programmes (Ex-Centre for Foundation Studies Students)
- A pass in the IIUM Matriculation Centre's final examination with a CGPA of not less than 2.50
The general academic requirements for admission into undergraduate degree programmes of IIUM (General Requirements for Malaysians)
- A Pass at the SPM level or equivalent with at least
- A Credit in Bahasa Melayu / Bahasa Malaysia or equivalent A Credit in “Pendidikan Islam” / “Tasawwur Islam” / ”Pendidikan Al-Qur’an & As-Sunnah” / ”Pendidikan Syariah Islamiah” at the SPM level or equivalent; A Credit in any three (3) subjects in SPM/equivalent.
- A Diploma or any other Equivalent Qualification with a CGPA 3.00 recognized by the Government of Malaysia and approved by the Senate of the University
- A Pass at the STAM examination with at least Jayyid Jiddan:
- A Pass at the STPM examination with a CGPA of 3.00 or at least:
- Grade C [Subject Grade Point (SGP)] of 2.00 in the General Paper; Grade C [Subject Grade Point (SGP)] of 2.00 in two  of other subject taken.
- Obtained a required Band in the “Malaysian University English Test” (MUET) as specify by each programmes.
* The University reserves the right to change the above requirements at any time without prior notice.Three principal passes, or 'C' grades in the STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia) examination,
The general academic requirements for admission into undergraduate degree programmes of IIUM (International Qualifications)
- At least three (3) principal passes in the General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced Level’ (GCE) ‘A’ Level Examination (UK Educational System) obtained in one sitting;
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of six (6) subjects obtained in one sitting;
- Any other qualifications that are recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above
Depending on the programme of study, instruction at IIUM is carried in English and/or Arabic. Applicants wishing to pursue studies in programmes taught in English must obtain:
- A score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or
- 6.0 points in the test administrated by the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS)
- If they do not have either of these qualifications, applicants may sit for the IIUM-administered English Placement Test (EPT), in which they must obtain at least 6.0 points to fulfill the requirement.
- Applicants interested in programmes taught in Arabic must obtain an exemption after sitting for the IIUM-administered Arabic Placement Test (APT).
Applicants who are unable to submit satisfactory results in any of the tests above may take up language proficiency courses at the university to fulfill the admission requirements.
Audiologist work with patients/clients of all ages, dealing with assessment of hearing and/or balance, associated needs, provision of appropriate intervention, and assessment of benefit. They may be located close to or within ENT, primary care, paediatrics or occasionally Education services. Audiologists act in support roles for medical colleagues and in some circumstances may act as first-contact autonomous practitioners, with for example direct referral from primary care of from education or social services. Audiologists practice in many different areas such as: Public and Private Hospitals, Ministry of Education, Special School of the Deaf, Hearing Service Centres, Private Practice, Universities, Rehabilitation Centres, Industries and Military.
|Totally (USD)||Yearly (USD)|
|$ 17678||$ 4419|
Duration: 4 Years Intakes: January, September
Pusat Teknologi Pintar UKM – MTDC, 43600 Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia