All about Multimedia (Hons) Interface Design program in Multimedia University (MMU), like Intake date, Tuition fees, Scholarship, Faculty, Campus and etc.
You can rate to this course at the bottom of page
There is tuition fee in details on the page.
Placing students at the heart of creative learning, the Faculty of Creative Multimedia seeks to empower students with expertise and knowledge and is committed towards an active and dynamic learning environment that will enhance your depth and perception as well as employability.
The Faculty of Creative Multimedia also constantly updates its syllabi originating from reputable institutions across the world as well as our own R&D experts to accurately reflect new knowledge and discoveries. Half of our full-time academic staff are international lecturers, along with guest lecturers from Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Singapore who are able to impart real-life experiences to your learning. As part of MSC Malaysia, we keep you constantly updated about the changes taking place in the industry.
This three-year programme emphasises the effective interaction between user and product to ensure the consumers and product features are integrated with the technology used. The elements of user interaction such as usability, user experience, screen design, ergonomic and user-centered design will be emphasised in product development studies where the digital approach is implemented across all levels. This includes the use of 3D printing for rapid prototyping and model making, digital sketching for an idea development, 3D modelling for final design analysis, and virtual reality for product presentation (for function, usage and technical specification).
We also analyse user feedback for the final prototype to assess the effectiveness of the new design to the target user. Each final design will be patented to protect the students’ rights for the purposes of commercialisation. Through this multi-faceted approach, we believe the students will be well prepared to enter the real working environment.
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution*
* Candidates from non-related field may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process; OR
- • Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of one Information and Communications Technology (ICT) subject;** OR
**Candidate with non-ICT related subjects may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- • Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of English; OR
- • Pass Diploma in the related or relevant field from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50**
**Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- • English Entry Requirement for International Students:
- All programmes offered by Faculty of Creative Multimedia require a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
• Designer for Product Design, Furniture Design, Transport Design, 3D Object-based Designer, Interface Designer, UI/UX Designer, Academician.
|Totally (USD)||Yearly (USD)|
|$ 14040||$ 4680|
Intake: January, May, September Duration: 3 years
High Achievers Scholarship (HAS) for International Students
- This scheme is open only for new international students who enrols MMU in 2019 intake onwards. Eligible students will be automatically awarded. Terms & conditions apply.
- Value of Scholarship:
• A discount on tuition fees is given to new international student who achieves following criteria for
their first long trimester achievement at MMU.
3.33 – 3.74
3.75 – 4.00
- Eligibility Criteria:
• Open to MMU active international students who enrol to MMU beginning April 2019 intake
(Trimester 3, 2018/2019) onwards and pursue their program either in Foundation or Degree only.
• Applicant must meet MMU’s minimum academic achievement as per stated above in their first
long trimester result in MMU in order to enjoy the benefit.
• Applicant must complete the respective program as per MMU Senate approval.
- Terms & Conditions:
• The scholarship is automatically awarded to eligible students based on their first long trimester
• The value of scholarship is as per first long trimester result GPA. Strictly no upgrading of
scholarship will be entertained.
• Student requires to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.0 every trimester throughout their duration of
study in order to enjoy the scholarship, failing to do so the scholarship will be terminated.
• Scholarship will automatically terminated in the following situations:
i. withdraws from the program;
ii. change of major/faculty;
iii. extended its duration of study; or
iv. fails to abide MMU rules and regulations.
v. violating rules of Malaysia Immigration Department
No appeal will be entertained.
• The scholarship tenure is as per MMU’s Senate approval for the duration of program.
• A student is entitled to only one scholarship/discount scheme offered by MMU. In the event that
the student qualifies for more than one scheme, he/she must choose only one scheme.
• The scholarship is given in the form of tuition fee discount; it is not transferrable and cannot be
exchanged for cash.
• All scholars will be required to assist for any form of marketing / promotional activities whenever
necessary required by the university from time to time.
• MMU reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the scholarship scheme as and when
required without prior notice.
Multimedia University Jalan Multimedia, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia