All about Cinematic Arts program in Multimedia University (MMU), like Intake date, Tuition fees, Scholarship, Faculty, Campus and etc.
You can rate to this course at the bottom of page
There is tuition fee in details on the page.
At the Faculty of Cinematic Arts (FCA), we believe in the power of stories and the passion to make great films. And, you will start making films right away – from day one. There is nothing better than learning by doing. As a director, writer, producer, cinematographer, sound designer or editor, you will bring your stories to life by using some of the most state-of-the-art production and post-production facilities at a South East Asian film school.
Your education will benefit from our collaboration with the University of Southern California. With 85 years of experience and a long list of Academy Award-winning alumni, USC is consistently rated the number one film school in the world.
This three-year programme takes a comprehensive approach to the “script-to- screen” method of filmmaking, where students begin their studies with the basics of idea development right up to producing and showing work of their own. Cinematic Arts students are taught to merge theory and practice as well as work on short films, ranging from narrative fiction film and documentary to music video and interactive and experimental moving images.
Mentorship from full-time lecturers and industry professionals accelerates the synergy of theory and practice and stimulate critical reflection, intellectual growth and interpersonal communication; thus helping students to realise their personal goals and develop into well rounded members of our increasingly global society.
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in the related field from a recognised institution*;
*Candidates from non-related field may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process; OR
- • Pass STPM or its equivalent with 2 principals; OR
- • Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of English; OR
- • Pass Diploma in the related or relevant field from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50**
**Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.\
- • English Entry Requirement for International Students:
All programmes offered by Faculty of Cinematic Arts require a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
• Film and Television Production, Television Programming, Advertising, Post-Production, Screenwriting, Documentation, Education/Academia, Culture/Creative Industries.
|Totally (USD)||Yearly (USD)|
|$ 15000||$ 5000|
Intake: January, May, September
High Achievers Scholarship (HAS) for International Students
- This scheme is open only for new international students who enrols MMU in 2019 intake onwards. Eligible students will be automatically awarded. Terms & conditions apply.
- Value of Scholarship:
• A discount on tuition fees is given to new international student who achieves following criteria for
their first long trimester achievement at MMU.
3.33 – 3.74
3.75 – 4.00
- Eligibility Criteria:
• Open to MMU active international students who enrol to MMU beginning April 2019 intake
(Trimester 3, 2018/2019) onwards and pursue their program either in Foundation or Degree only.
• Applicant must meet MMU’s minimum academic achievement as per stated above in their first
long trimester result in MMU in order to enjoy the benefit.
• Applicant must complete the respective program as per MMU Senate approval.
- Terms & Conditions:
• The scholarship is automatically awarded to eligible students based on their first long trimester
• The value of scholarship is as per first long trimester result GPA. Strictly no upgrading of
scholarship will be entertained.
• Student requires to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.0 every trimester throughout their duration of
study in order to enjoy the scholarship, failing to do so the scholarship will be terminated.
• Scholarship will automatically terminated in the following situations:
i. withdraws from the program;
ii. change of major/faculty;
iii. extended its duration of study; or
iv. fails to abide MMU rules and regulations.
v. violating rules of Malaysia Immigration Department
No appeal will be entertained.
• The scholarship tenure is as per MMU’s Senate approval for the duration of program.
• A student is entitled to only one scholarship/discount scheme offered by MMU. In the event that
the student qualifies for more than one scheme, he/she must choose only one scheme.
• The scholarship is given in the form of tuition fee discount; it is not transferrable and cannot be
exchanged for cash.
• All scholars will be required to assist for any form of marketing / promotional activities whenever
necessary required by the university from time to time.
• MMU reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the scholarship scheme as and when
required without prior notice.
Multimedia University Jalan Multimedia, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia