All about Information Technology (Hons) Data Communications and Networking program in Multimedia University (MMU), like Intake date, Tuition fees, Scholarship, Faculty, Campus and etc.
You can rate to this course at the bottom of page
There is tuition fee in details on the page.
The Information Technology & Computer Science programme at MMU is designed to prepare students for advanced careers in the field of computer science. Listed in the Top 300 QS World University Rankings in Computer Science and Information Systems, 2017, MMU offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as an ICT specialist.
Both our Faculty of Computing & Informatics and Faculty of Information Science & Technology incorporate industry-led curriculum provides a scientific, systematic understanding of information technology. With access to real-world industry and research projects, students will also attain stronger technical skills, professional skills and problem solving skills to make them more employable and adaptable in the field of ICT.
Data Communications and networking graduates are expected to possess the knowledge and skills necessary to design, build, maintain and manage network and communication systems in any organisation. Therefore, this three-year programme will educate them on the core components of communication, such as Internet Computing, TCP/IP Programming, High-Speed networks, Client Server Computing and Real-Time Systems.
Our Data Communications and networking graduates would be able to branch into any area of communications and apply the knowledge they have acquired in network technology and telecommunications.
- • Pass Foundation / Matriculation in the related field from a recognised institution, and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- • Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics, and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- •Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English; OR
- • Pass Diploma in the related field from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent;
*Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process; OR
- • Pass any other Diploma in science and technology from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
*Candidates without a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted if the qualification contains subjects in Mathematics and the achievement is higher or equivalent to the requirement of the subject at SPM level or its equivalent.
- • English Entry Requirement for International Students:
All programmes offered by Faculty of Computing & Informatics require a minimum score of 5.0 in IELTS or its equivalent.
System Programmer, Network Engineer, Network Administrator.
|Totally (USD)||Yearly (USD)|
|$ 14625||$ 4875|
Intake: January, May, September Duration: 3 years
High Achievers Scholarship (HAS) for International Students
- This scheme is open only for new international students who enrols MMU in 2019 intake onwards. Eligible students will be automatically awarded. Terms & conditions apply.
- Value of Scholarship:
• A discount on tuition fees is given to new international student who achieves following criteria for
their first long trimester achievement at MMU.
3.33 – 3.74
3.75 – 4.00
- Eligibility Criteria:
• Open to MMU active international students who enrol to MMU beginning April 2019 intake
(Trimester 3, 2018/2019) onwards and pursue their program either in Foundation or Degree only.
• Applicant must meet MMU’s minimum academic achievement as per stated above in their first
long trimester result in MMU in order to enjoy the benefit.
• Applicant must complete the respective program as per MMU Senate approval.
- Terms & Conditions:
• The scholarship is automatically awarded to eligible students based on their first long trimester
• The value of scholarship is as per first long trimester result GPA. Strictly no upgrading of
scholarship will be entertained.
• Student requires to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.0 every trimester throughout their duration of
study in order to enjoy the scholarship, failing to do so the scholarship will be terminated.
• Scholarship will automatically terminated in the following situations:
i. withdraws from the program;
ii. change of major/faculty;
iii. extended its duration of study; or
iv. fails to abide MMU rules and regulations.
v. violating rules of Malaysia Immigration Department
No appeal will be entertained.
• The scholarship tenure is as per MMU’s Senate approval for the duration of program.
• A student is entitled to only one scholarship/discount scheme offered by MMU. In the event that
the student qualifies for more than one scheme, he/she must choose only one scheme.
• The scholarship is given in the form of tuition fee discount; it is not transferrable and cannot be
exchanged for cash.
• All scholars will be required to assist for any form of marketing / promotional activities whenever
necessary required by the university from time to time.
• MMU reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the scholarship scheme as and when
required without prior notice.
Multimedia University Jalan Multimedia, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia